BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Half way thru...Boy or Girl?



My mom was here visiting this past week. We had a lot of fun. She stayed busy cooking, cleaning, playing with Gina, and pulling weeds for me. What a nice Momma! I wish she could have stayed longer. We also had a great time shopping and having dinner over at some of our friends. She went to my anatomy ultrasound on Thursday and she got to meet my doctor. The baby is about 20 weeks and 6 days in the profile picture. We saw the head and face, spine, arm, heartbeat, and hand. Joey and I had decided long before I got pregnant that we would wait until it was born to see the gender...So that's what we're doing! It's really funny because it is bothering other people WAY more than it is bothering us! I reassure everyone not to worry that is will either be a girl or a boy : )

These days I am feeling fine, I was suffering from allergies this past week. I still get spurts of being really tired. And at night I can tell my body is slowly growing because I'm tossing a bit to get comfy. My good friend let me borrow a pillow for preggys and I am anxious to use it! It should help me sleep once i get a bit bigger in the tummy. I also believe I have felt some little kicks and punches here and there. It makes me smile when I feel these!

Baby is getting busy in there growing and developing. My baby weighs about 14 oz and is about 12 cm long from head to rump. The fetal digestive system is functioning in a simple way and Baby can swallow amniotic fluid. After Baby swallows the amniotic fluid, she/he is able to absorb water and sugars from the fluid and then the waste is passed as far as the large bowel. The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and the fingernails now cover the fingertips. The skin still looks pink and wrinkly, but is no longer translucent because fat is developing underneath.

I go back to one of my specialists on June 30th when I'll have the baby's heart checked for defects. So I'll be posting another ultrasound pic then. That office does the 3D pictures, so maybe Baby will show it's face!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!